41JohnsonBob

Helix Gunsmithing

4 posts in this topic

Gunsmiths capable of working on our 1941 Johnson Rifles:

I located a good Gunsmithing Shop in Arnold, Missouri (metro St. Louis) called Helix Gunsmithing with their own in-house machine shop. https://www.helixgunsmith.com  James and Eric will help you out. Got my 41 Johnson running again 👍. They work on firearms sent to them from all over the country. If you’re having trouble finding a capable gunsmith to work on your Johnson Rifle I would give them a try.

IMG_1193.jpeg

IMG_1194.jpeg

I dropped an E-mail to these folks at Helix, not using my Johnson name, using my Middle name ("Rice"), inquiring about their familiarity with Johnson rifles. Wanted to see if they would respond to a "common man" ......and they did not. This was disappointing. It looked like they could provide "full service" based on their toolroom equipment....even bluing and parkerizing..

I would still LIKE to line up someone to gradually fill the shoes of Joe Scott....and he has suggested the same thing....owing to his health and vision issues. He was even willing to train the right person.

So....I'm looking for suggestions....and welcome any thoughts. If any you want to write me in confidence, PM to me and/or use my E-mail, which some of you have. If not, try using edwardrjohnson610@gmail.com.      Thanks.   ej

Ed

I have to agree with you, if  you made an inquiry and got no response, either positive or negative. Disappointing at the very least. Why would anyone want to even consider trusting them with something as a JSAR for service if this is an indication of their customer service.

I have a cousin who lives in that area, I’ll ask if he’s familiar with them.