Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matconcrete

0776 upcoming Rock Island

7 posts in this topic

Serial # 0776 is not showing in J R & M G book. It does look nice.,,,and expensive for some folks.

SN 0776 was last seen in RIA Premier Auction Cat #71 Sep 2017 and sSold $63,250  LMG

Will be interesting to see if it has appreciated, class 3 values seem to be holding fairly good, at least the few I have watched recently. 

I noticed in the description this lmg has the Dutch acceptance star, are lmg’s similar to JSAR’s in which the vast majority came from the unshipped Dutch lot? I ask because my lmg does not have a star and it is listed as being transferred to USMC, so were guns listed as USMC purpose built? and not simply pulled from “surplus”? 
 I may have read the answer to this in the “book”but couldn’t relocate it. 
just curious, Phil

If what I am seeing is correct , I believe this must be a record 0776 brought $141,000.

Bruce commented on that price also. And # 0068 has that unusual path of being designated to USMC and then not going there, per our correspondence. I believe the star units might have been initially designated to other than USMC but were then re-designated, as you suggest.  ej