Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ed Johnson

Changes at the NRA

5 posts in this topic

To all....I felt I should comment on this subject in order to clarify how I think most of us feel, and at the same time, avoid getting involved with any political issues.

As we are starting to hear, there are some management changes at the National Rifle Association. My own hope is that this will not have a negative effect on the operations involving their American Rifleman magazine, or Mr. Mowbray's "Arms for the Man," or with the NRA educational Museum collections and Video programs. We have had very good relations with their staffs over the years and the quality of their technical research has always been top notch. My father also had excellent relationships with the NRA while he was alive, as noted in our book "Johnson Rifles and Machine Guns."

May it always continue to be so.....

Happy New Year to the Website Team and the members who use this website......from the Johnson Family....

I have seen many posts all over the internet for quite a while about 2nd Amendment supporters not supporting the NRA with donations and/or membership because of the well known abuse of NRA funds by leadership.  I do hope that changes are made to improve the reputation of the NRA that will lead to greater membership and stronger 2nd Amendment support around the country. It's in all of our best interests. The trouble before the last election certainly neutered the NRA's efforts to help get more 2A candidates elected. We can't afford that loss in the coming election.

I too have watched people let their memberships lapse and others who have refused to join just because of reports of abuse by senior leaders in the NRA. I can only hope that the current board wakes up and considers the almost 20% drop in membership in the short term past. The NRA cannot afford nor support such a drastic drop in membership support. Maybe they are finally seeing the handwriting on the wall. We need a strong and cohesive board to survive this. We also need all the fine contributors to he NRA magazines to continue the fight in print, as we know for certain the mainstream media will not publish anything in support of the 2A.

I look forward to a better and healthier 2024 and beyond.

I have "invested" a lot of money supporting the NRA in the past.  That stopped when the internal fraud became public.  We need a healthy NRA, hopefully the board will make the necessary changes to bring people like me back into the fold.  I'm not holding my breath.

I'm in the same camp as Rarecat, been a life member since 1989.  I can only see LaPierre's resignation as a positive.