Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_Ed Johnson

M 1 Carbine

2 posts in this topic

To the 5.7 Club 03/21/06

As we all know, IAI went out of business a few years ago, and recently Fulton Armory stopped their production of M1 Carbines as well as 5.7 Spitfires.

I just received my latest copy of American Rifleman and Mark Keefe has written a very nice article on a new Carbine product with very good accuracy, made by Auto Ordnance in Worcester, MA.

Perhaps they might be interested in producing their product in 5.7mm as well, but only if a strong interest is generated.

My suggestion is that you folks read the article first and then, if interested, contact them directly.

If nothing else, at least we now have a potential source for all parts so that people like Rich Hoffman can put together a new Johnson 5.7. Rich has indicated to me that he can probably create a 5.7 barrel. He already makes a .22 cal replica of a Gatling Gun.

Hope everyone is encouraged by this. Ed Johnson

Ed

I also read the article with interest. Looks like a fine weapon, well crafted, and reasonably priced. With the price of originals heading into the ozone layer, for someone who would like a Carbine, this might be a good route. Your idea of suggesting a chambering in 5.7 Spitfire might not be a bad idea. I wonder what the big guys at AO would think?

ArtR