Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LoboMike

Need a barrel

4 posts in this topic

Are there any used but GC barrels available? What options are there for getting a decent shootable barrel in order to preserve my original one?

Thanx Mike

Joe Scott has brand new, complete with sights, ready to shoot barrels. Just swap out your orig, attach and shoot the new replacement. Keep the orig and shoot the replacment. Visit Joes web site. http://www.pernet.net/~jmscott/

You will not hurt your original barrel by shooting it. You can only hurt it by not cleaning it. Even modern ammo can corrode a barrel if left dirty. Soon after shooting, wash it out with hot soapy water to remove primer residue, dry well, then clean and oil, bore and chamber, per normal procedures. Without cleaning, a barrel can corrode even under an oil coating. I have an excellent .270 military style barrel for $500 if you need a shooter barrel.

Wow, a .270 barrel, that is so amazing that these rifles can obvously take custom barrels! I hope there is never a reason I have to give up my johnson shooter, too much potential for when I get more hobby money together for spending(like an inheritence I am patiently waiting on).

Man, it would be so interesting to have a myriad of shooter caliber barrels in the various calibers if that is all it took was to change the barrel over, I shoot open iron sights regularly at 300 plus yards so I don't need scoping. I've owned a hohnson for less than a week, this is all alot to take in all of a sudden, like it was when I was standing in front of one, available and shootable and affordable itself.