Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt K.

Anybody know who makes LMG clones?

4 posts in this topic

I picked up a severely bubba'd JSAR last week and rather than try to restore it I was thinking it would make a good LMG clone project for somebody other than me.

If somebody can give me the contact info for a person who can do the work, I might pay to get it done (bubba converted it to a box magazine!), but more than likely, if one of you fellow, ambitious Johnson board members has the desire for a project, let me know.

I'd post pics, but I don't have a photo hosting service. (Hey Webmaster, how about the ability to upload?)

R/Matt

Matt, I've had both LMG-look-a-likes and carbines put together. Getting the receiver machined and sight bases fabricated is the easy part. Finding all the necessary components (mag support assembly is near impossible) is the hard part. Post or E-mail me some pictures and I'll try to give you some idea on what is possible. Try tinypic.com for image hosting.

Brian,

I'll send you a pic when I get home. Basically, I couldn't pass on it because it had enough parts to make it worthwhile. The receiver is a beater, but salvagable. The stuffer clip feed on the right side has been cut off. I have the resources at work to cast or machine a new one and TiG weld it back on, but my dance card is full already. My workshop looks like a firearms grave yard with parts and partially assembled weapons all over.

Anybody out there looking for a labor of love.....

I'd post pics, but I don't have a photo hosting service. (Hey Webmaster, how about the ability to upload?)

Not a problem, just send me a check and I'll get you the storage space so we can all upload photos.

or

Go to photobucket.com and sign up for their free service and upload as much as you want.

Photobucket