Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Scott

Tulsa Gun Show

5 posts in this topic

I will be at Tulsa gun show next friday and saturday. Will share a table on upper level under name "Sawberger" in case anyone wants to visit. Lunch at noon on saturday in cafeteria? Trying to get a restoration finished to sell. If you have never been to Tulsa, it is HUGE, about 4000 tables. Hope to see you there.

Joseph- I will probably see you Friday afternoon. Do you know your table # yet?

Will be @ lunch for sure on Saturday. If you are not familiar with the location of the lunch area, Joseph is referring to----The cafeteria is on the east end & lower level of the building. In the center of the last row of dealer's is a walkway leading to cafeteria location. :D

We are assigned table 24 B 12 and I will have my cell phone with me. Will bring some parts and a gun or so, as I only have 1/3 table. Will bring some of my new main springs, they work great and lay the cases about 2-5 ft away and no dents from hitting frame.

Report on Tulsa: Four Johnson's at show. 1. buffed/blued sporter, lettering/metal partially gone- $2650, 2. fair original with little finish, bad bore, missing pin retainer-$5600, 3. my restored gun w/bayonet, new barrel, wood, video, manual-$5500/obo, and finally a very nice original with excellent bore, 96+finish, refinished wood, repaired peep which was bought for $4900.

Talked to a man who wanted a nice original and told him what to look for and he went and found one (the $4900 one) as it came out from under table about 11:00 sat morning. Tom Wygant and I had searched all day friday/sat morning and didn't see it. Sold him bayonet/scabbard, video. Four of us met for lunch saturday. Saw one nice bayonet/scabbard for $495. I had 4 for sale and bought one bare. Less Johnson's than normal. Looked for nice GI 10 pocket ammo belts but was stunned by the $200 plus asking price. One 1942 USMC ammo belt asking price $350.

Saw two tour buses full of visitors, one from Chicago area and one from Minn. Friday I met "Tony in N.H." and asked him what he thought of show? He replied "Total sensory overload, total overload!"