Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Old_Salt

SAR and LMG parts compatibility

3 posts in this topic

I have an incomplete Johnson rifle, and some of the parts I still need are available from Sarco or Gun Parts, but several are not. I do find that some of the required parts are available as Johnson LMG parts. Question is will the LMG parts function (or can they be fitted to function) on the Johnson rifle. Specificly the parts for the LMG are the Bolt (and if I purchase the LMG bolt, do I also have to have the LMG firing pin and extractor) and the Hammer.

Two parts I cannot find for either configuration is the operating handle (bolt handle) assembly and the ejector, does anyone know of a source for these parts.

Thanks for any answers that you can provide.

Glenn

JSAR and 41 LMG bolts are essentially the same except the "cuts" for the bolt catch are different. The extractor, firing pin and stop are identical. The LMG bolt should work in the JSAR but the bolt catch (hold open) won't function. The proper LMG cuts can be machined into a JSAR bolt. Either bolt is difficult to find...SARCO or Numrich do not have them. There was one on Gunbroker a while back. John Darling may still have some operating handles for sale. His e-mail is bettsnjd@tfb.com . SARCO has the complete locking cam assembly. Firing pin stops are hard to find. Good luck!