Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Old_Salt

5.7mm Johnson Spitfire

3 posts in this topic

I have an older 5.7mm Spitfire barrel and a complete carbine, the barrel appears unfired (been stored away since the 70's), has a nice ramp front sight and screws into the action to proper alignment. I do not know of the proper maximum case length, overall length or a shoulder dimension to use to verify proper headspace with my receiver/bolt. does anyone have a diagram with the proper dimensions for this case?? Also a starting load with 34, 40 or 50 grain bullets??

Thanks for any help that you can give, if all else fails, I will fireform cases with Hornet loads and see how things work out but would prefer if someone with proper knowledge of dimensions and loads is able to help me out.

Thanks for any help,

Glenn

I have an older 5.7mm Spitfire barrel and a complete carbine, the barrel appears unfired (been stored away since the 70's), has a nice ramp front sight and screws into the action to proper alignment. I do not know of the proper maximum case length, overall length or a shoulder dimension to use to verify proper headspace with my receiver/bolt. does anyone have a diagram with the proper dimensions for this case?? Also a starting load with 34, 40 or 50 grain bullets??

Thanks for any help that you can give, if all else fails, I will fireform cases with Hornet loads and see how things work out but would prefer if someone with proper knowledge of dimensions and loads is able to help me out.

Thanks for any help,

Glenn

Glenn, you can obtain most info from: http://www.imageseek.com/5.7mm/

If that does not answer your questions, e-mail ERJRice@aol.com for more info on 5.7 club.

Incidentally, RCBS has the die specs. Ed J