Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Sandy in TX

Short report and an assembly question

3 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone. Before I post, I'd like to send a special thank you to Bob Lemoreaux. Bob, thank you so much for looking up the particulars on my rifle and spending time with me on the phone getting things disassembled. I have my JAR here and all the #s do not match the original BOO HOO. Anyway, I know I will see Mr. Scott at the Houston show in May and I will have him take a look see at it to see if it needs anything. Right now I'm attempting re-assembly. Now I'm not particularly mechanical so no laughing please.

It seems that at some point after removing the bolt, I somehow managed to release the hammer, which is now in the way of putting the bolt back in. I have attempted to depress it again using a screwdriver through the slot in the receiver to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

One particular question I also have for everyone here is about the barrel on my rifle. I put a standard .30 cal muzzle gauge into it and it gauges a minus 1, not a zero or a 1, a minus 1. No, it is not a 7mm. The only identifying mark on the barrel is a "20" stamped near the locking collar. It is blued. Anybody make anything of this?

When baseball season is finally over, I'll give a complete report for the board. These days I barely have time to sleep. Thanks in advance for any help, Sandy

Sandy, removing the stock to recock hammer, is easiest way. On your muzzle gage, if you have a commercial tapered gage, it is likely not correct. The one's being sold are +,- .001". Check the gage with a good micrometer. There is a remote possibility that bore is small if it was not finished reamed after boring. Check muzzle for burrs also. If it shoots good, don't sweat it.

Thanks Mr. Scott. I'll give it a go. I can hardly wait to see you at the Houston show. I'll be purchasing one of your muzzle gauge sets as well as a video and pocket manual. If anyone has an extra original barrel, I may be interested in purchasing it as this one seems to be ok for shooting, but not for collector value. I will need to save up for that for a while though.