Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Scott

Magazine drilled for cartridge stops

2 posts in this topic

I run into magazines that had been drilled with a screw to limit capacity to five shots for hunting laws. Usually this leaves a burr inside that will interfere with cartridge feed even when the screw is removed. The inside burr is extremely hard to remove due to poor accessibility. It takes a special internal deburring tool and even then leaves an uneven inside surface. There is no good way to plug the holes. Just sent back a magazine with holes through from the belly. Owner had bought it and didn't notice the holes. If the holes are through the back, they don't show when assembled. Suggestion: don't buy magazines with holes. Look carefully as they are easy to overlook.

Hey Joseph I have one of those with the hole drilled in the belly. The screw went into a chunk of wood fitted inside the mag. Once removed the mag works fine. Just for fun when someone asks, i tell them it was a special prototype drain hole for beach landings. When they look up and see me smiling they know its a joke. The hole is there and i just don't worry about it. RYCHE