Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest 19pm42

1941 johnson

11 posts in this topic

why is there a notch on the right side of the magazine with a hole there on my 1941 johnson

the notch is on the back part of the forend ,right next to the magazine,it looks like it is missing a part

there where the hole is.

does anyone have one of these parts for sale?

thank you

It sounds like he's missing the front pin. The one with the spring on top that turns into the notch to hold it. Best guess.

Both Numrich and Joseph Scott have cross pins for sale.

Using a photo from the main part of the site (remember this board is a freebie that I provide folks) you can see this photo:

mag.jpg

The 'hole' is the cross-pin recess at the rear of the mag housing?

Cross pins available as noted above

below the charging handle to the rightlooking at the picture

is the part i need.

looks like the one in the rear but has extra parts to it

I'm having to same problem, have been sending several e mails and pm's in November and December last year through this forum to Joe, no reply.

Funny enough it worked okay in the beginning of 2009.

Adriaan

I also need a front crosspin along with the clip that holds it in. (the one thats nailed to the forestock) Numrich is out of stock on front pins. I also have had little luck contacting Mr. Scott. Anyone out have either of of these items?

Joe was last on here on Dec 30 2009 at 05:43 PM. it is the New Year and Christmas period. He has a family. He does this as a HOBBY not a business.

I am sure he will contact you all when he gets time to do so.

Try this email to as I believe the one he has listed may not beactive at the moment :jmscottparts@gmail.com

Front and rear crosspins are interchangeable although there are 2 types, highhat and regular or flat end. Apparently Numrich thinks they are different since they list rear (which they have) and front (out of stock)

The flat top ones were the earlier type, modified later with the notched cap to put a cartridge's rim under. This was to assist pulling it out of the weapon as the troops had problems in the field.