Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
enbloc8

WTB Johnson parts

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Last year I became proud owner of a JSAR (B6226) and am looking for parts to complete it. Near as I can tell I need a front sling swivel assembly and a bayonet lug with pin. Anybody know where I can get these?

Also, my rear sight appears to have been mutilated along the way--somebody filed a large V-notch from the top into the sight aperture. Is this original or common? (And if not, is it possible to replace this part?)

I've read over the site and have learned a lot about Johnson Arms...when my local range reopens this summer I hope to take this old beast out and give 'er some exercise!

Regards,

Scott.

Hey by next week sometime i may have the swivel avlb. I will be going through some stuff and i think there is one there i will let you know. RYCHE

P.S. Gun Parts Corp. has repro rear sights and elevators. I bought a set about a year ago. they look new, but look really good. The rear sight is sold seperatly from the elevator if you don't need both.

Contact Joseph Scott, (PM this board), as he often has what you might be looking for. Be advised, if the barrel was modified when removing the original bayonet lug there may be an issue. Joe should be able to cover that with you as well.

As for the rear sight, it is possible that the "V" was put in by a previous owner or by some creative soldier in the field. This is covered in "the book", as a battle field modification for either "lighting" or personal preference.