Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M48TANKER

My Johnson

1 post in this topic

Hello again! Within a few days, I hope!, this 1941 Johnson should be delivered to me. I bought it from a fellow named George Belford who lives in Maine. I know it's packaged up and ready to ship to me. I can't wait. I'll let you all know when it gets here. I'll have more info by then. I think that the serial number is B5921, the picture is a little fuzzy. I intend to restore it to full military configuration. I'll be needing a front sight..anybody have one? I'd even accept one with the "ears" ground off, but would rather have the unmolested original. I'm also looking for a bayonet. Here is what George told me about the rifle: (Quote) "Mike, the bore in like new and I have fired it no problem at all . I have had the gun for over 25 years maybe more. I bought it off a guy who use to work for Johnson Automatics . He said he took it to the barrel maker's place and he sporterized it . I think the barrel maker's name was Kemp and lived in Hope R.I." (end quote).....That's all I know so far. Here are some pictures from George that I posted on my "Hunt101" picture hosting site:

http://www.hunt101.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=8666&cat=500