webmaster

Johnson parts on Gunbroker

5 posts in this topic

There are some rusty Johnson bits and pieces on Gunbroker at the moment. They are in Rhode Island so the story about them coming from a machinist's basement 'may' be true. Some mags and a rifle mag shell.

Of note is a rifle barrel and what looks like a carbine barrel still in the white. May be the angle of the photo but it looks slightly shorter than a regular LMG barrel.

Gunbroker Johnson parts

Webmaster, thanks for the tip. :D I'm taking a big chance :o that the barrels are usable. I'll definitely have some LMG mags for sale. :rolleyes: M48TANKER

Based on the external rust, I would assume the inside of the barrel chambers are also rusty. This is one of the hardest Johnson problems to fix. I would not count on getting a working barrel, just parts. If someone needs a magazine shell, I have several new old stock ones.

Yes Joe, I've probably got some paper weights, but the price was right. Someone on one of the other forums was concerned about not having a BHO on his Johnson. I tried to explain how it came to be there in the first place, and that there was most likely no mechanical issue with his rifle. I mentioned your name, so he might be contacting you for a BHO lever. There is also a 1941 Johnson manual on Gunbroker by the same guy that I got the rusty parts from. His name is Chris. The manual looks to be museum quality. You may want to have a look at it. I can't afford it but it's really nice! Michael Roper....M48TANKER

I don't know whether I would pay $500 for a rifle manual. I think the most I paid for one was a fifth of that but times change and prices move on up I suppose.