Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ArtR

OFF TOPIC: July 4th

4 posts in this topic

Wishing all the best on our Nations 234th Birthday...

We in Vermont will be doing various things in our local towns. This morning my wife and I enjoyed a pancake breakfast that is used to fund the night time lighting of the town flag pole. With the funds, the town flag can be seen from the North/South bound travelers on the near by state highway. Later we will travel over a few towns to visit my son, and take part in some festivities on their town common. Then for the evening, we travel a few towns SouthWest to my daughter's boyfriends family to have a bbq supper...enjoying life here without the daughter as she spends this July 4th at Ft Jackson, SC in week 5 of basic. She has sent several letters, is doing well, having passed the RED phase (or hell weeks). She is in WHITE phase and says she has lost weight, does not have time to eat what she has on her tray, the heat is not bothering her as much as it is others, and cannot wait to see us in mid August for graduation.

God Bless America!

ArtR

Meant to mention in original post, my daughters boyfriend is home on 2 weeks leave from Afghanistan and returns to the rock pile on the 7th. The per capita percentage of Vermont's National Guard participation is one of the highest in the nation. We wish him a safe second half of his deployment, he is scheduled to return in December.