Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Scott

Shipping barrel to Canada?

5 posts in this topic

Certain parts are restricted as well as parts for certain models of firearms. I just looked on Numrich's site. If you scroll down to the bottom on the home page and click foreign orders, you will find some information. I would assume the laws would apply to an individual the same as a business. I searched around some, but information is sort of vague as you probably have found also. I purchased an M1 Garand barrel a number of years ago on eBay with no problem, but Canadian gun laws have stiffened since then.

http://www.e-gunparts.com

Joe,

place a call to Kevin Cherry(the guy you send my barrel for exporting to Germany) and ask him. Another one to ask is Simpson Collector's Firearms.

Please be aware that you could get into serious trouble when exporting a firearm or parts without the proper paperwork.

Also your customer should be aware that getting the export permit is not cheap: I am paying 500 US Dollar(250 for Cherry's work plus 250 fee for the BATF) WITHOUT any garantee that the permit will be granted. The necessary importpermit also does not come for free. On top of that, at least to Europe, the barrel can only be shipped by very expensive airfreight. UPS, USPS etc are a no go(you can only use them to ship antiques - firearms build before 1898).

Maybe things are easier when shipping to your neighbour Canada, but it should be checked out to prevent annoying surprises.

good luck

Adriaan

JS , what did you find out about this ? I have an out of states fellow on Milsurp that needs a bbl for his Johnson. Don't know if he's Canadian or Brit or Aussie , but wondering if you are anyone could help him. He does have a shot-out bbl for parts and can get FAL ( I know , .308 and gas port , but it will screw into the collor) and has an 03 bbl too. Anyone have ideas to get him up and running?

Thanks , Chris