Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ncsammy

Trigger on My 1941 Johnson Rifle

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but I've owned my 1941 Johnson for 30 years. It's in really good shape and I've never fired it (I'm much more a collector than a shooter). My question is about the trigger. It has some slack (there no spring resistance) both when the rifle is cocked and when it is uncocked. Once the slack is taken up, it comes under spring pressure and has what seems to be a typical two stage military trigger pull. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or typical for the Johnson? If it isn't, what can be done? Thanks in advance.

Sam

Hi, Welcome to the message board. It sounds like you are missing the small spring which fits into a pocket at the rear of the sear and keeps light pressure against the trigger. I'm not sure if there is also a plunger but I think there is supposed to be. Or possibly your spring is broken. I'm sure those here more familiar with the rifle will be able to help you more. :)

Thanks for the info Butch

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but I've owned my 1941 Johnson for 30 years. It's in really good shape and I've never fired it (I'm much more a collector than a shooter). My question is about the trigger. It has some slack (there no spring resistance) both when the rifle is cocked and when it is uncocked. Once the slack is taken up, it comes under spring pressure and has what seems to be a typical two stage military trigger pull. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or typical for the Johnson? If it isn't, what can be done? Thanks in advance.

Sam

There is indeed a slack in the trigger about 1/16" before feeling the spring. This is because the hole through the trigger is larger than the pin by design. You can remove the trigger block from the stock and check movement. Be sure all the small cross pins are in place and staked on each side of the trigger frame.