Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ArtR

Current items on Gun Broker

5 posts in this topic

Art, the 4774 unit has a matching stock. Don't know about any other parts match. Maybe keep an eye on that one and see where it ends up? Then contact buyer later on and ask for part numbers if he/she is willing to break it down?

Thus far, I don't think we have had any "pure" matching numbers on any non-prefix rifles that left the factory, except perhaps prototypes, so it would be quite rare and more valuable if we actually found one.

I stand corrected if Jim and the Website Team know differently.

Ed

Did not notice the STOCK, but did see that the BOLT had same number, also BARREL appeared to be maybe a GARAND (grooved), and no BAYONET LUG.

Will keep it in mind and if I remember will try and contact buyer.

ArtR

S/N 4774 is still on GB with no bids.

In looking at the pics on GB I noticed that the receiver s/n seems to be offset forward.

I don't know if this is normal, and it did not appear to be due to the angle of the pic.

In comparing it with the s/n on my JSAR, (3570) the s/n on mine is almost perfectly centered below the "MADE IN PROVIDENCE, RI, U.S.A." with the "3" just below the "R" and the "0" just below the last "E" of "PROVIDENCE".

I also noticed that the front sight ramp of 4774 appears to have pin that mine does not have.

Maybe these are normal and I only have my one Johnson to compare.

B.T.

Ed, I didn't know that the stocks were marked or serialized. How can you tell a "matching stock"? :)

Thanks for the education.

Wow......a Johnson bayonet selling for $550.00 :o

It sure looks nice. I might consider selling several of mine for that! :D I love to see these Johnsons and bayonets appreciate in value.