Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tsmgguy

Mint, documented USMC JSAR

6 posts in this topic

I searched through a couple of hundred entries in the forum, and indeed I gave the parts run down on this rifle a couple of years back to then owner.

http://johnsonautoma...al&fromsearch=1

This sentence in the sales blurb in the GA ad made me laugh at the BS drivel espoused by the seller -

"the only parts not originally numbered at time of manufacture are the barrel and mag. This is normal with these rifles. The barrels and mags were removed from the rifle during shipping in crates of 10 rifles. Since parts were not serial numbered to the rifle, no care was given to reassembling with the same numbered parts. No parts numbered lists were made available to the re-assebller."

Hmm, let me see from the production log: Barrel # 1569a and Magazine # 5409. Strange how he can get all the other part numbers right but conveniently omits these two! <_<

That's one way of selling your mismatched rifle, just make something up and hope no-one checks the records on you!

The safety is assembled wrong. I don't know how they got it assembled reversed and the trigger guard to fit flush into wood. Somehow the metal color seems too light and the same all over. The barrel looks about right color.

This auction ended today. The bidding reached $6,000 without the gun making its reserve. Not bad for a piece that I wouldn't buy with your money!

It looks like it's going to sell, after meeting the reserve in a relisting. I think it was at $6125 the last I looked.

This stuff really sets me off. There has been enough misinformation repeated about Johnson rifles over the years that I expect some incorrect things to be claimed. Maybe that's why when something that is clearly intended to deceive comes up, it bugs me so much.

That's a lot of money for a refinished JSAR, particularly when there is a real nice one which appears to be original and untouched currently at $3500 which drew little interest the 1st time around. One never knows. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=258034045