Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt K.

No lips

11 posts in this topic

Bet the title had you wondering!

Picked up a new rifle but the lips/guide for stripper clips is broken off so the metal is flush with the receiver. Can this be repaired? Is it worth repairing? I don't have the missing piece.

R/Matt

PS.

I will soon list a Chilean 7mm on GB. Not looking to get rich, so if anybody here is interested before I list it, I will entertain a reasonable offer.

It is a great looking rifle in great condition. I've never asked to get the parts checked against the log, but I am happy to provide them.

Matt: I may be interested in a Rec. trade

I have a Rec. That someone was attempting to make into a JLMG. lookalike.

The notches for the cross lock were cut into the wrong place.

I bought it to possibly have it repaired and recut, but if we could make a trade i don't need the lips as they will be removed for the mag housing, and you don't have to worry about the cuts as they cannot be seen on the standard rifle,nor do they affect function.

Any interest in a swap???

Ryche

Possibly. Let's swap some pics. I do have a bubba'ed rifle (Bubba turned it into a bottom feed box magazine rifle [no, it is not an early prototype rifle!] which also would need a repark) I bought for parts. Lips were removed on this rifle, but it is a good candidate for a LMG makeover, too.

I will PM you.

R/Matt

Matt: Sorry for the slow reply, I have been way to busy since the weekend with work. It will wrap up today and then i can get my wife to help me e-mail photos to you on Thurs. or Fri.

I apologize for my slow response, but when you are unemployed and work comes you gotta take it :)

Thanks Ryche

Matt K,

if Ryche_me is just interested in the receiver and not the Chilean 7mm.....then I would like pics of the Chilean and a complete description and price.

Ryche......if you're working on trading for the rifle and not just his old receiver, let me know and I'll get out of the way... :D

Hey Tanker: I only in on the reciever. No financial interest on the Chilean. Good luck buddy hope it will fit nicely in your collection.

Matt: once again i will try to have photos this weekend. As usual life is getting in the way, had to help a friend move yesterday due to eviction, so it was one of those we gotta do it now things.

I will snap photos for you this weekend. The safes are so full it takes me an hour to pull everything out and two hours to put them all away.

Matt: sent you an e-mail with photos on the 31st. Not good with computers so please let me know if it got through.

Thanks Ryche.

Cool looking forward to it. Thanks for the heads up i never know if my e-mails go through, unless someone tells me.

Trying to attach the photos, got so frustrated almost butt-stoked my wife's computer with my JSAR.

I really would have been better off 300 years ago with a six-gun and a horse. :D :D

Ryche