Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt K.

Hammer block pin removal

6 posts in this topic

Rotated the hammer block pin on a rifle for removal, but it doesn't want to come out and I don't want to break the little wing thingee (for lack of a better word). Any ideas?

Yes Take off the buttstock, you can see it from the other side.The pin that's in there should have a little top hat on it to aid with removal.

You will need to remove the front screw(closest to the mag.) and the front trigger guard screw ( it a pain because of the safety)

It helps to remove the rear trigger guard screw as you will have to work the trigger guard loose to get the front screw out.

Use a good screwdriver and you shouldn't bugger the screw heads.

Ryche

Joe : Thanks for the heads up on depressing the mag door. I never thought about that , and BOY does it make it easier to get that pin in and out.

Great tip.

The bolt catch rides on the pin and when the mag is empty, it put pressure on the pin. When you depress door, this relieves pressure on the bolt catch and pin. Not all pins have the "top hat" style top end. I think this was an improvement along the way. To get at the screw under the safety, rotate it counter cw to about 4 oclock. This gives a straight shot at the screw. This screw under the safety has only an internal star lock washer, no flat washer as it goes against metal. When removing the forearm, you must remove the pull pin first so the wood can come straight downwards.