Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt K.

LMG candidate?

6 posts in this topic

Gents,

I picked up a JSAR that Bubba out did himself on. I am thinking if it would make a great candidate for a semi-auto LMG clone (for somebody else!). Any thoughts?

post-170-0-71141800-1354399642_thumb.jpg

post-170-0-86786400-1354399663_thumb.jpg

post-170-0-21178700-1354399683_thumb.jpg

post-170-0-78757100-1354399709_thumb.jpg

Well Matt, I think it would be a lot of work. One of our members has experience with building LMGs. I'm always up for a new project. It would be good piece to practice my tig welding on. I think I'd try to return it to a rotary mag style. Let me know what you want for it?

I am happy for it to go to a good home, preferably with a future. Let me add up the parts and I will PM you, or you can make me an offer. It has all internal parts. I didn't put them in the photos, but I have the buffer assembly and spring that go into the stock as well as a sporterized barrel (Johnson, but 2" shorter by Winfield I assume) with the locking bushing and guide collar. It is missing the wood, front and rear sights, and the rotary magazine. But I wiil throw in the swell 5-shot magazine you see in the photos!.

OK Matt,

Let me know what you come up with as for price. I think I have a rear buttstock and a few forearms, as well as most of the rotary magazine parts. I've probably got the front sight and bayonet lug too. I've got a good LMG barrel and a good JSAR barrel both complete with collars, bushings, and all hardware. I don't think I have a rear sight but maybe GunParts or Sarco will still have one available at a huge price. I'll try to remember to log in and check my PMs, but you can email me at:

"michaeleroper@comcast.net" (I don't mind who sees my email address....there is no such thing as privacy anymore!)

It is not a good candidate for a LMG Look-a-Like since the clip guides have been ground off. If you need a receiver (and magazine and sights ) to utilize the rest of the parts to build a JSAR, let me know. I have them.