Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ArtR

Off Topic: Oppose anti-gun legislation

6 posts in this topic

NRA-ILA web page to contact your State and Fed Legislators

Follow the links

You can write your own or sign a pre-written form.

http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx

You will probably have to do this several times, for each petition, and each legislator

If we don't, who will?

ArtR

As I said previously, when the subject first came up......

"With all due respect, I see no need to push the panic button on this subject. I do not consider the Johnson Rifle...or even the Garand, for that matter....to be a target of legislation regarding firearms. For that matter, if it comes to it, I know the Johnson magazines can be modified to accept less than 10 rounds. It occurs to me that this was done to some JSARs in the past so that they could be used for deer hunting in some states.My suggestion is to remain calm about this subject and not fan the flames. I hope everyone will do that."

That being said, everyone has the right to contact their legislators. However, my main point here is that we really don't want anybody to start pointing fingers at our older WWII firearms, such as the Johnson and Garand Rifles, in the midst of the furor over assault weapons.

So for those of you who do choose to contact legislators, and for the benefit of all of us who use this site, please stay away from conversations about older rifles weapons. Thank you in advance for this.

New York says that 50+ year old guns are exempt , but in the next breath includes M1s as assault rifles and , even though M1s have a seven round non-detachable internal mag , they are going after the 8 round enblock clips.

As old Ben said , " If we don't hang together , we will all hang separately ."

Chris

If you are an NRA member, enter your number, and then examine the site, there are some NRA pre-written letters that you can send individually, or as a group, but you can also edit or create your own message.

I am with Ed on this. Stay away from specifics. Just voice your opposition.

Also, encourage any and all who maybe are not already members to join and give their support.

There is ample opportunity to work locally in grass root support, or work with the regional NRA to voice the truth.

Vermont, historically a very low crime state, suddenly has all 3 legislators on the anti-gun bandwagon.

Personally, I think the anti-gunners are hoping that there will be little or no response from NRA members.

ArtR

I think we are going to see the private sale (gun show loophole) go the way of the dodo as part of a mandatory background check. You will have to go through a dealer at shows (unless C&R, or some other method). Nothing else is getting through the House.

And yet gunshow sales, Dealer or private had nothing to do with the last run of shootings..... HHHMMMM!!!