Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Taff

Buying my first Johnson 1941

9 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

First let me introduce myself, my name is Daniel I Live in the great state of NJ, not by choice, I go where the Marine Corps tells me. I'm in the market for buying my first Johnson 1941. I was wondering if ya'll have any suggestions or any information on what I need to look for. Any information would be great. I have been wanting one of this rifles for many years. Gunbroker.com is the main place that I have been looking, if ya'll know anymore places to look please let me know.

Thanks

Evening Dan,

Check out the main website for basic information you seek on the JR for basic disassembly and assembly. A number if years ago I wrote a section on Bayonets that may also be helpful to you. Another item I wrote was for the begining collector. No sure whether or not its still on the site. If you can't find the info you seek email thru the board and I'll see whether or not I can help yoy. Fair enough??

walt

Hi Daniel,

My son, David, just retired from the Marines after 22 years of service. He retired as a CWO4 in Avionics. He cut his teeth on Hueys, Cobras, Chinooks, etc.

Later it was Seaknights, Apatches, Blackhawks, and Ospreys. He loved his job and went to about every combat zone in existance plus Haiti, and some other places he can't mention.

Thanks for your continued service to our country. Stay true to your oath to "protect and defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies both foreign and domestic." I took that same oath when I volunteered for the Vietnam War. (if anyone has a problem with that then you're a traitor)

When it comes to the 1941 Johnson, I had to decide if I wanted to start out with a "collector grade" rifle, costing $5000.00 or more, or if I would settle for a "beater" or a sproterized version.

I started with a very nice sproterized verion and later, as funds became available, I sought out the best original "collector grade" 1941 Johnson which I could afford. Good luck in your search. Let me know if I can help in any way. I do need to thin out my collection a bit. M48TANKER

Thanks M48Tanker,

Good deal about your son and thank you both for your service also. I also work on Huey and Cobra as an Aiframes and fly on the Huey as an Aerial Observer (Gunner). I can't wait until I get my first JSAR, I will take what ever I can get.

Out,

Taff

I will warn you now!!!!!!! JSAR's are one of the most addictive collectables out there!!!! More addictive than drugs and twice as expensive :)

But ohhhh how they are worth it

Ryche

I'm already addictive to guns, especially to the WWI and WWII era. Yes they are worth it. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will be posting pictures of my new JSAR.

Taff

I'll trade my nicest 99.99% full military 1941 Johnson for a Huey or Apache. Or I'll trade one of my less expensive rifles for just a non-flyer. I'll hook a lawnmower motor to the rotors to turn them just fast enough to yell "Geronimo" and fire a few blasts from an M60. (I'll have to borrow the M60 from a friend but he'll bring it over for old times sake!)

Yep, I know that even tired airframes are scarce as hen's teeth, but it won't hurt to ask. I saw a pretty nice Huey on the back of a civilian flatbed truck going down the interstate a few days ago.....some lucky dog got one.