Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toomanytools

How far from the muzzle?

5 posts in this topic

I'm turning a replacement barrel and need to know how far from the end of the muzzle are the bayonet lug and front sight mounted? Thanks for your help!

From a photo it also looks as though the portion of the muzzle sticking out from the front sight is smaller in diameter; can anyone tell me the dimension?

Contact Joe Scott he is the man with that info, and has made many replacement barrels. Ryche

The step for the front sight is 1.375 long x .5625 +0005. Measure your sight bore carefully and adjust step diameter for a light press fit. The bayonet lug step is 2.0" long after/behind the sight step x .591 dia. (3.375 from muzzle) Again measure lug ID and adjust diameter for light press fit. I aligned parts by eyesight (before eye problem). I aligned sight last by installing barrel in receiver and looking for being vertical. Tried levels and/or indicators and found eyesight best method. If you find parts are loose on steps, carefully, lightly center punch around the steps to raise small areas that lug or sight can fit on. I use red lock sealant on parts, let setup and then ream for 2/0 x 5/8" taper pins.