Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChrisJohn1967

In need of a rear stock to complete my 1941 Johnson Rifle

6 posts in this topic

Dear Folks,

I am in need of a rear stock to complete my 1941 Johnson Rifle. I believe I have everything else at this point. Does anyone out there have one that I can purchase? Much appreciated. Ready to get this project finished while my son is in town if possible. All the best...Chris

Original JSAR stocks are difficult to find, usually in very poor condition and outrageously priced.  There are several replacements available from various stock making companies but most require a lot of fitting and adjustment,  Joseph Scott's are truly "drop in" with perfect fit and function.  I personally use nothing else when doing JSAR restorations.

I am awaiting new blanks from the mill and am out of stocks at this time.  Hope to get blanks and make stocks late august.  I have four requests for new stocks.  Thanks, Joe

Dear Mr. Scott,

Please add one in for me. Thanks for everyone's help. Mr. Scott please let me know what you need from me sir. Thank you. Chris

I can vouch for the Joseph Scott Stocks. They are spot on and comparable to the original in quality and color.
Here is mine with an original forend and a Joseph Scott rear stock. Mr Scott sends them raw and unfinished. When I finished the rear stock(only added coats of Raw Linseed Oil), it matched the original forend finish near perfectly. Very happy with the repro stock and highly recommend one if you have a winfield wanting to convert back to original.

Johnson_JSAR_Stock_JS.jpg

Edited by Gonzo