Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alasdair MacDonald

1941 Johnson LMG semi auto for sale

9 posts in this topic

I just got back from a gun show where a man was selling the following for a woman who just had her husband pass away. (estate sale) It is a 1941 Johnson LMG that had been torched in half and rewelded and made to fire semi only. The receiver says full and semi on it but that is only from its previous life. It is complete with all wood and pistol grip , magazine tray and one 25 round magazine. It is only missing the bipod. The gun has been reparked. Serial number is four digit, no prefix. Price $9,000.00 I have the contact information for seller. If anyone buys it, my drool marks can be wiped off. Cordially, Alasdair

If it was truly a torched machine gun that was rewelded, it is probably illegal unless it has papers on it.  If it was made on a semi-auto rifle receiver, it is probably legal.  However there are certain requirements on using the lmg lower.  It has to be modified  so it can't go full auto by switching out parts.  Several of our members have built these semi-lmg's  and can provide details.

If memory serves, the inside of the LMG is machined to allow the sear trip to come in contact with the bolt.  The rifle has interior rails that prevents that.  Additionally, the lower requires modifications

When I saw this rifle it was torn down to barrel, magazine tray, receiver and all the wood. Where the selector was, was totally welded and milled perfectly before parked. He said he has all the legal papers for it but that it had to be sold outside of California to conform to the law. The work was very pristine and nice to see.  Hey Joseph Scott, I still am in the marked for a complete set of wood for my Winfield sporter to convert back to military. Will pay whatever up front. Cordially, Alasdair

Joseph i would like to purchase a Barrel for my Johnson Rifle if and when you have some.Thank You Gary 

Alasdair,  Please send me the contact information.<brian.alpert@louisville.edu>  I am most interested in what paperwork they have on it.  Brian