mbpope

Final Johnson rebuild back to milspec

8 posts in this topic

Thanks to everyone on here that helped with my JSAR conversion back to milspec. It was much appreciated. It took 6 months to get this ol girl back to her original glory and I have to say it was fun tracking down parts and talking to y’all on here to get it done correctly. 

now off to the range to shoot and put it away for awhile preserve it for the next generation. 

846C1DEC-81BE-482E-AA79-CF114768EE7A.jpeg

40B03C28-B943-41D7-9CE5-3D9F11397984.jpeg

A5CD5A5A-EDE6-440D-9E39-319216E2F34F.jpeg

64B919F9-B992-4323-8BC4-1F679C515CF2.jpeg

Wow, looks like we have the same shoes!!  Ha ha.  The rifle looks great!  It’s a keeper for sure! Thanks for sharing. 

Nice looking piece. You did quite well. I am glad that I could help

ArtR

Yes you did help out a lot. The stock was done by m48tanker who did an outstanding job on this rifle. Can’t thank him enough and everyone else too was a dream come true to finally own one of these but to have it back to milspec is awesome. 

Very nice!! Now that you have completed this project, you need to find another war horse that desires a restoration!

Yea when I win the lottery I’ll pick a few more up and start restoring them. 

all serious though I like this project it was one of my favorite to do because it was challenging.. but ultimately some future American will get to enjoy this rifle now that it’s back to its original glory. 

Thanks to the help of Joseph Scott i restored my Winfield Johnson back to Military he does amazing work