camstuff

Replacement M1941 barrels, check pictures.

10 posts in this topic

Okay, so I may have an opportunity to pick up some JSAR barrels.  They don’t look like original production barrels to me.  They are the correct lengths, and a couple have bayonet lugs.  One barrel has  “barrel made in Denmark” stamped in to it.  Two other barrels have flat spots on base of the barrels. I don’t know the exact calibers of these just yet.  Please look at the two pictures and post comments or concerns about them if you would.  I don’t think these are anything special or really rare.........But they might be!    

28F17CC5-42C4-4285-95FB-9429550CC8A6.jpeg

661E8987-56B2-42E8-A05D-F32C9A4CD391.jpeg

What price level are these barrels?

It’s going to be a package deal with several JSAR parts. Unfortunately, he does not have the mainspring follower I’m looking for.  

The barrels are going to be about $50 to $100 each.  Still working on the remainder of the deal.  Don’t want to jinx it until it’s completed.  I’ll tell you more later.

Understood. Thank you.   ej

Ha ha,  so here is the scoop.  I was able to get a package deal. Came from an estate. Took me a little over 3 months to secure this deal.  

2-JSAR receivers, one non prefix and a “B” prefix.  Both in excellent condition.  6 barrels, none of them originals.  2  are 7mm, 3 are 30-06, and 1 is an unknown 30 caliber at this time.  Also received a parts box of two sets of stocks 1 original military and one really nice replacement stock, and all the parts needed to build them. I’m very pleased with this purchase, and can’t wait to take them to the range and test them.  I’ll post pictures soon.  Thanks for asking, I’ve been busy with moving and forgot about updating this post. 

Very nice buy i had a similar buy many years ago from a older gentleman that worked at Gun Parts many years ago  a 1941 Johnson Rifle  a fair amount of parts a stock set Winfield    one     extra barrel off a Winfield he was in the process of restoring his Winfield back to original military     and a bayonet it had a price tag on it looked like $4.25  old prices from many years ago

Dcc8203, sent you a message, 8-21-20, 6:45pm.