Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian Alpert

New "Refurbished" JSAR on Gunbroker

9 posts in this topic

New listing on GB  https://www.gunbroker.com/item/878501529  Note the matching serial #s on the receiver, bolt and bbl.  I thought our friend in Calif only did matching serial #s on his "Queens Guard Carbines", but I guess he did some standard rifles also.  Beautiful rifle but phony as a $3 bill.

Interesting on a B prefix as we know we have no production logs to dispute the claims/

This is not a Miltech which is a reputable restorer.  As noted, it has the look of a Doc Ross of Old Benicia Arsenal creation.  He put together JSARs with matching numbers, selling them as special rare factory originals, usually seen in his "Queens Guard Carbine" creations.  They are beautiful rifles, well fitted and finished but only that, not what they were sold as.

The odds to have any 2 parts on a rifle with the same SN are extremely high.  To have any 3 parts with matching SN, the odds would be astronomical!

Sort of a JSAR rule of thumb: If more than one part SN on a rifle matches, buyer beware!

Normally, when JSAR users talk about matching SN's, they are talking about the individual part SN's  matching the part SN's in the production logs, and that only applies to Non-Prefix SN rifles. I think that we had one forum member that had a  rifle where 5 part SN's matched the production log part SN's.

Thank you Art & Brian... I am learning.  I have been fascinated with the M1941 & wanting one for a long time.

I was seriously looking at this one but after researching more and reading the forums I backed off. It went for $6601

Thanks for the info, I was curious when I saw the matching numbers on everything.

I noticed that it sold as well. I sure hope that the new owner does not become disappointed, if he joins this forum. As is often stated on this forum, "Buy the gun, not the story."