Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jimbocious

JSAR Sold @ Rock Island Today

14 posts in this topic

Everyone, wait a few minutes, while I take a time machine back a few years, and pick up a few for $89.95....I will be right back!

$6900 OTD each!!! More $$$ than brains IMHO those bidders be...but then look at the selling prices of houses in the greater Seattle area.

I have dealt in JSARs via a table at the NGD shows in Louisville for the past 25+ years.  Nice original component and finish JSARs in 85-90% condition with good bores generally bring $5500-6500 today.  Those with replaced components...bbl, stock, refinished, etc but still in correct military configuration bring around $4500.  Some ask much more but asking and selling are two different things.  Most individuals selling don't know what they have.  They assume that since it is a JSAR, it his worth telephone #s.  If you want to sell at a show, your price needs to be 25% less than "retail" value....what ever that is

49 minutes ago, Brian Alpert said:

I have dealt in JSARs via a table at the NGD shows in Louisville for the past 25+ years.  Nice original component and finish JSARs in 85-90% condition with good bores generally bring $5500-6500 today.  Those with replaced components...bbl, stock, refinished, etc but still in correct military configuration bring around $4500.  Some ask much more but asking and selling are two different things.  Most individuals selling don't know what they have.  They assume that since it is a JSAR, it his worth telephone #s.  If you want to sell at a show, your price needs to be 25% less than "retail" value....what ever that is

Ok, thanks Brian, I have spoken to you several times in the past but never managed to bring my rifle along for you to evaluate. I don't need a pristine example, just one nicer than I have. I'll make sure you check out whatever I find before I buy it. Thanks!

49 minutes ago, Brian Alpert said:

IMG_20201011_181511765~2.jpg

IMG_20201011_181259888~2.jpg

All I can say is, "Your collection must be huge, considering the vehicle that you need to haul it all around ....!"

" and your face muscles must ACHE from the size of that grin!"

4 hours ago, Jimbocious said:

And there was a 4th one for sale, https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/1035/4629/johnson-model-1941-semiautomatic-rifle, but I did not catch the sold price -- they will post that in a few days.

$6k I believe is where the hammer dropped... I was on the road and not quick enough to submit a final bid from my phone.  

On 10/12/2020 at 0:38 PM, Jimbocious said:

And there was a 4th one for sale, https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/1035/4629/johnson-model-1941-semiautomatic-rifle, but I did not catch the sold price -- they will post that in a few days.

Web site said this one went for $6900

Yes, the final posted price includes the buyer's premium.  $6,000 hammer price, plus 15% = $6,900.  But the buyer also is hit with a few hundre dollars in taxes and shipping fees, which are not shown.