Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
newjohnny

serial number info

8 posts in this topic

First off, I'd  like to thank everyone here for the vast amount of knowledge I have encountered on this site when I stumbled on it many years ago when I knew nothing more about a Johnson other then it was referred to as "a whale belly"

Long story I will share sometime...but I would greatly appreciate if I could get the build info for Serial # 2333

Much thanks

Stand by...

The following information from the production logs:

Receiver SN 2333, Date Received 11/25/41, Stock No. N/A Barrel No. 1457E, Hammer Block No. 1791, Hammer No. 3295, Bolt No.  1971, Locking Cam No. 3077, Firing Pin No. 6219,  Extractor No. 2364,  Magazine No. 4044, Disposition Date  11/29/41, Transferred to J.A. Inc - N.P.C

Thank you very much. I finally got around to field stripping it. 

All numbers are correct with the exception of the barrel and firing pin. 

Hi

When you say all numbers match, except barrel and firing pin, 7 out of 9, that is rather exceptional.  Sounds like you have a fairly rare piece for sure. Congratulations for sure.

For "Newjohnny".....suggest you copy and print out the above correspondence and keep it with the rifle as proof of authenticity in the event you decide to sell the rifle in the future. And if so....keep us in mind for the services Art provided, as well as for the services provided by Tanker 48 below, etc......

And Art is correct. Such a close match of numbers is rare. Ed J

Edited by Ed Johnson
clarify value of services and advice

Absolutely I will for sure. I very much appreciate the information and the help. 

I need to get my eyes checked and pay closer attention. It turns out I do have the correct firing pin!  I thought it said 5729. But when I was looking at my pictures... I had my phone upside down. And realized I was reading the number upside down.. So I cleaned it better. 

Screenshot_20210718-011419.png

Screenshot_20210718-005650.png

I amend my comment to read "When you say all numbers match, except barrel , 8 out of 9 that match production records, that is TRULY exceptional.  Sounds like you have a fairly rare piece for sure. Congratulations!!"