Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ArtR

Photo?

15 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a  high def photo of a  full JSAR firing pin? Would appreciate a copy. A friend is going to a shop that is known to have various bizarre parts, and I thought he might be able to look to see if there might be one ( or more). If he finds any, I would have him purchase and make available on this site.

ArtR

Tanker, tks, interesting....seems different than I remember mine looking like...I may have to pull mine out of the 'closet' and check it out....seems that I remember mine has a 'Y' sort of shape on the shaft...wonder if there were two different parts used??

Amazing, those are two totally different designs.

Is it possible from different 'guns" (JSAR vs LMG)? Will wait and see if there is some higher level input.

JEM: Is your sort of "Y" shaped (fluted) for the length along the spring end? Length?

The firing pin on my JSAR fluted like those in the picture above.

I have a couple in my box o spare  parts but i don't know how to post pictures

You can 'drag' or 'choose' files at the paper clip when you do a post...Screenshot from 2021-07-19 15-40-23.png

JEM: Thanks....fluting was hard to distinguish/see in the photo....that looks like mine and several others that I have seen. The other, with the round, and shorter 'thick' area near the tip, I had not seen before.

I got the photo from Numrich/Gun Parts web page. I did get it from the LMG section but in looking back I notice the schematic for the JSAR shows the same configuration. Probably just a matter of convenience.

I'll bet that the other photos shown in this thread are more correct. Numrich's schematic photo is a bit vague anyway.

The only observation I would make is that the fluted pin might weigh less than the other. Not sure how this would affect performance in either the '41 JSAR or JLMG or the very rare "Auto Carbine" or the '44 JLMG.

I do know that the actual bolt of an M1 Carbine is lighter than the bolt of an M2 Carbine (which can fire full-auto if selected). We dealt with both on the 5.7 mm Spitfire (semi-auto only) and noticed no difference in performance.

My best guess is, possibly by NOT fluting the JSAR/JLMG firing pin, that they found no difference in performance and that it saved a manufacturing step.....?  ej

On 7/19/2021 at 3:38 PM, bdm said:

I have a couple in my box o spare  parts but i don't know how to post pictures

Hi BDM -- Any chance you'd be willing to sell one of your spare firing pins? PM me if so.

Thanks,

Jim

On 8/16/2021 at 11:16 PM, Jimbocious said:

Hi BDM -- Any chance you'd be willing to sell one of your spare firing pins? PM me if so.

Thanks,

Jim

Sorry Jim my  friend took one firing pin and i am going to keep the other one Thanks