flyer338

Johnson LMG magazine

6 posts in this topic

I was noodling around on the Numrich website and found a 20 round JLMG magazine.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/198970

At the price, I am tempted to order it. However, I think it better left for that person who actually has a JLMG.

These are surprisingly available, I have picked up a dozen over the last year. For such a rare gun I have always wondered why so many mags?

If you stop and think about it, the magazine carrying case contained 20 mags.  In combat, there was a gunner and a loader, who I assume carried the ammo in the form cases of loaded mags.  Although an option, loading mags with stripper clips was hardly efficient enough for combat.

And we know how Uncle Sam likes to spend money, I wouldn’t be surprised if they ordered 100 mags per each lmg

Brian,  I hadn't heard of a JLMG carrying case that held 20 magazines.  The only types I'm aware of are the leather (prototype) in the Johnson book and the canvas case pictured here that holds 12 magazines.

JLMG backpack mag carier.jpg

I'm not familiar, either, with original 20 mag portable cases. The weight would have been a factor, also, if they were all fully loaded. It is possibly an aftermarket product?