ArtR

Parts Identification?

8 posts in this topic

While sorting through some JSAR parts, I found two that I could not identify. One I think is a 'Cross Pin Retainer Clip" (bent spring steel with nail), but I am not sure which.

The other I have not the faintest idea what it is.

DSC_2081A.JPG

DSC_2080A.JPG

DSC_2044A.JPG

DSC_2039A.JPG

I don’t think the one in the first picture is a JSAR part.  But the third and forth picture resembles a broken retainer clip for the cross pins. 

Art, if you have never seen that part with all your experience it probably isn't a JSAR part.

I was wracking my brains on these two items. I will try and examine the possible cross pin retainer item again...While I did not notice it, it may show signs of broken metal fatigue.  The other item was in my box of JSAR parts, so it had me confused as to why it was there. If anyone recognizes it for what it is, let me know. Not critical, but just thought I would toss it out there.

See if you can raise Walt Liss on this part. Not ringing bells for me.

Art, the first picture is a "magazine retainer clip" for a variety of .22 rifles: Savage, Stevens, etc.Magazine spring for Savage.JPG

The second item is indeed a Johnson part, or most of a part. It's the retainer clip/spring for the front takedown pin just at the rear of the forearm.fore end clip.jpgspring clip for takedown pin.JPG

Edited by M48TANKER
clarity

You probably saved the cross pin retaining clip because the little spiral nail could come in handy.

Nail for cross pin retainer on forearm.jpg

Hey, Tanker, thanks.... must be that magazine retaining spring fell into my JSAR parts box by accident. Normally, I keep parts in marked bags. And you are so right on the other part. Now that I think back, I got a replacement part (I think from Joe Scott) and then proceeded to keep the 'screw' in the old part so that it would not get lost. Figured it was easier to ask then tear the rifle down looking for similar parts. Will remove one part and adequately mark the other....Again, tks...ArtR