Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Scott

Off topic- 5G & computer problems

3 posts in this topic

For years, I used a Verizon 4G hot spot provided through step-daughters school system (teachers lease).   recently, the administrator suddenly cancelled Verizon and went to AT&T 5G without notice.  He killed the Verizon accounts without warning and gave teachers the AA&T 5G hot spots, here use these.  Without knowing this, I kept trying to log on to my 4G g-mail account.  When 5G hot spot arrived and I tried using that, the IP address was different and Google thought hackers were attacking my e-mail and locked it down.   I had a Guru, try two days to recover account and could not.  E-mail  still goes to Google server but I cannot access it.  Finally, had to set up an account on Icloud.com.    My email is now jmscottparts@icloud.com.  The 5G hot spot is working but  sometimes  is slow as dial-up.  AT&T is not strong in this area and is known to slow service if very busy.  It also doesn't like to go through aluminum foil insulation siding.  Beware of the changes to 5G.  I did get the message system on this board working before all of this new problem.  Joe

Thanks Joe...I have updated your email in my address book for the team messages

ArtR

Ditto. Doing that now. Hang in there, Joe. It took me several days to get my computer working properly.