ArtR

YIKES! It is back again, with a new price and description!

18 posts in this topic

I have not seen this one in a while, and was amazed by both the new buy it now price and new 'ALASKAN TACTICAL CUSTOM! " description.

I  wonder what SN was sacrificed to make this abomination. I  can only hope BUBBA did not destroy a True Holy Grail to make this.

And to claim "THE TRUTH IS THAT SOME ONE PUT SOME SERIOUS MONEY IN TO THIS" and think this is worth what?

Also, the 'as seen on the Iternet' claim is a bit bizarre as, if you watch the link below starting at 3:35, it is not even a glowing endorsement!

Youtube link

I saw this at a place called Wild west guns about a month back, actually held it in my hands.  Pretty awkward feeling thing.  

His words (description), not mine....must be a mirror image of the Interweb!   hee hee...

MMJ Jr now rotating at 6000 RPM......   ej

Wonder what the builder did with the removed parts? Pm

Probably worth more than finished product

4 minutes ago, matconcrete said:

Wonder what the builder did with the removed parts? Pm

Probably worth more than finished product

WELL……I can answer this question.  I had contacted the seller probably 2 years ago and asked to see the barrel markings.  I had also asked if they had any spare JSAR parts, and he did, so I purchased them, I honestly don’t know if they were parts off the 338-06 rifle (notice I didn’t call it a JSAR). I did receive some significant parts though. 

Good !, glad they weren’t thrown out or into a forgotten corner. Pm

Rube Goldberg comes to mind looking at that rifle. I wouldn't shoot it (especially in .338 WINMAG) as holding that rifle firmly and shooting seems at odds. What a waste of dollars, time, effort, and a good rifle. Granted it took a certain amount of talent to make that thing, but why?

I think it is chambered in .338-06.

Wow! Now has 5 bids and is up to $2525.00

12 minutes ago, ArtR said:

Wow! Now has 5 bids and is up to $2525.00

Some people just aren't as smart as they believe. Apparently none of the bidders are wondering (if it is such a valuable rifle) why it's being sold. It works and works well, right?

And some are 'just buying the story'.....not a good option.

This rifle was customized by Last Frontier Custom Guns in Palmer;AK. Reputedly the best custom shop in Alaska. It looked quite different back then.

1941 johnson 338 06 paint.png

CUSTOM 1941 JOHNSON AUTOMATIC .338.06 sm

Alaska Fire-Power by Last Frontier Custom Guns - Custom guns built to your specs - machining, repair and custom paint jobs - from handguns to rifles to tactical firearms - great work by really great people - in Palmer, Alaska! Lastfrontiercustomguns.com

Sold for $2525 after 5 bids 2 days after my last update on price, with no new bidders. While I am not sure that it was worth that price, I can only hope 'someone is happy'.

I just would hate to see it show up on another auction soon, with seller hoping to make a profit.

What a bubba-fication that one is.

At least the mystery is solved as to who did the modifications. I wonder if they're still in business? The above picture was dated April 16, 2011.