camstuff

Cottonwood gun show today.

7 posts in this topic

Went to the fun show today in Cottonwood, AZ.  Carrying two sporter JSAR’s, they did get a lot of attention, almost sold one but the guy was short on money when he counted it out.  Anyway one fellow was rather irritating, telling me Johnson’s are not a good rifle and have problems and blah blah blah, he was going on and on while I walked away.  I mean, these are my kids your talking about. Knock it off mister! He’s on my blackball list now. 

Didn't you know that every gun show is filled with Experts?  Your babies are beautiful

Is it just me or are the most critical 'experts' non-owners? Just something that I have sort of observed over the past 20 years.

I work at my buddy's gun shows occasionally and love eaves dropping on the "experts"....and the stories told to justify a price...

Same experience at car shows.....everyone has a Mustang story 

1 hour ago, ArtR said:

Is it just me or are the most critical 'experts' non-owners? Just something that I have sort of observed over the past 20 years.

I think your right Art.  Good observation!  

1 hour ago, Rarecat said:

I work at my buddy's gun shows occasionally and love eaves dropping on the "experts"....and the stories told to justify a price...

Same experience at car shows.....everyone has a Mustang story 

Ha ha, I don’t own a classic car, but I do have a mustang story from the 70’s.  

I have run into this at the range several times. Usually the one guy who is not the expert and is just interested gets to shoot my rifle. All the rest can pound sand.

I have given up trying to change their opinion with historical fact.

As for Mustang stories... A buddy sold my son (who is 18) a one step this side of a basket case , 66 coupe for $5.  yes that's right five dollars.

At that price it gives us a little room to put money in it :)

Ryche

My "Mustang" story goes like this. My hunting partner/shooting buddy  purchased a brand spanking new red Mustang on August 25, 1966, just after it was unloaded from the truck in KY. He still drives that car today. The car is now registered here in VT with a plate number that was passed down from my uncle/his father-in-law, when he died. That plate number is well below 1000 and has been in the family since at least 1933. (I have a photo of my dads car and my uncle/his father-in-law's car, side by side, with 1933 license plates 1 digit apart. VT DMV laws allow certain numbers to be transferred within the family. And as VT DMV law differentiates between trucks/cars/trailers/etc., his pickup truck  is also branded with the same low plate number.)