Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ed Johnson

American Riflemen, May 2022 edition, page 48

6 posts in this topic

On the subject of serial numbers, Bruce Canfield has written a short summary of the Johnson Rifle serial number recording system which can serve as a very good explanation to collectors. I would not object if someone wants to re-print that explanation on our rifle page, crediting the AR and Bruce appropriately. Perhaps our Webmaster might even consider "freezing" the material at the top of the rifle page, as he has done with 3 other related topics. And, Bruce, thank you for writing it.  ej

I just received my AR and read the article. I was glad to see it.  Good read. Thanks Bruce.

Potential buyers might be cautioned away from any guns with matching SN's.  While we have not seen many, there were a few out there, and some unscrupulous sellers may still try to pawn one off.

I haven't read this yet but think it would be a good reference to post on this forum from what you describe! I'll be looking for the article in the next day or two.

It's not really an article, more a long paragraph answering a question, which explains a lot in a few words. I'd just received my AR but had not yet started to read it. Bruce's reply to the question was easy to find.

Excellent. Thank you for posting the link.  ej