camstuff

Vintage indoor target rifle, Looks like a nice complete package

12 posts in this topic

I plan on bidding on this, if someone else is going to jump in let's not compete and get into a bidding war.  PM me 

All yours Rarecat. just to bring you all up to speed, I have several reproduction “slides” or projectors on my bench ,only waiting for original projectiles to show up and do some test firing and I’ll report back.

Phil

Thank you for getting the carriers reproduced, it will help many.  I believe regular BB's should work too.  Look forward to hearing the results of your testing

What a fascinating Johnson collectible. I am glad to have seen it and don't need one for my collection but I'm really happy one of "us" got it! I'm impressed someone actually designed and made this toy rifle. The box is beat up but still there and all of the instructions and targets! Thanks for finding this and sharing!

I was the only bidder, looking forward to checking it out and seeing if I can hit anything

That should really rekindle some childhood memories...! 

Best wishes on it working correctly, and I hope that you get a spare carrier, just in case. Let us know what 'BB' size and what surgical tube works best. Might be nice to have that tid-bit on record for anyone else who inquires.

While I never had a Daisy Red Rider as a youngster, I shot many belonging to others, and always longed to have one. When the 75th anniversary edition came out, I just had to buy one. Even at my age, I love to shoot the darn thing. There is just something about the "thunk" and the sound of the BB hitting any target.

Could you scan and email me a copy of the target and instructions?

thanks. Phil

I just recently got a couple of "newly manufactured" slide pieces, as well as a small pack of ball bearings and a couple of elastic bands. At some point, I'll go to the vault and see if I've got one of the target guns.

A young fella that works for me and likes playing with his 3 D printer made a few pieces.

Certainly not an exact replica but after a little filing they do work. If any one is interested let me know, when I get a total number I’ll have him make some up. Cost should be under $10.

211943BD-C28D-4575-9435-A204298AF5F3.jpeg