ArtR

Recent sightings

33 posts in this topic

SN 4330 on Gun Broker sporter with Crosman scope (missing a mounting nut)  and sling

best of luck...it would be fun to get one for a bargain

7 hours ago, Rarecat said:

Might make a run at this one, would love a cheap shooter

If this doesn’t work out for you, I have a shooter grade I could sell. 

I'm not going to bid much and doubt it will sell for what I'm willing to spend but ya never know...and Camstuff might have just what I'm looking for

No taxes is always a good thing! 

low ball bid submitted, high bidder with 4 hours to go...  have at it guys!

I think someone got a potential bargain. There was a day when I'd have bid on this gun. I like re-militarizing old Winfield Sporters. The buttstock definitely has potential to be reshaped and the foregrip just needs refinishing to match a newly altered buttstock. Re-shaping a buttstock is not really that hard to do. It helps to have a good stationary belt sander and a good eye for proportions. The barrel of course needs a bayonet lug and a military front sight, and of course the rifle would need a military rear sight. About 300.00 worth of parts and the desire to spend a fair amount of time on the woodwork. When you're finished you'll still have a re-militarized Winfield Sporter, but it will look a lot more "original."

I hope the rifle has found a good home.:D

Someone got a decent deal. At the very least, what potentially will be a fun shooter!

Hi ARHthe1st

Welcome to the forum. As your SN 4330 is a non-prefix number, the following information is provided from the production logs:

Receiver SN 4330, Received From: Cranston Arms, Date Received 1/22/1942, Stock No. 2,  Barrel No. 3492E, Hammer Block No. 6196, Hammer No. 1426A, Bolt No.  1433, Locking Cam No. 4158, Firing Pin No. 4769,  Extractor No. 3139,  Magazine No. 6160, Disposition Date 1/24/1942, Transferred to J.A. Inc - N.P.C

Without proper and reliable provenance, be very careful about any  claims to both ownership and usage.

Enjoy, and let us know how it performs.

ArtR

SN A0061 on GunBroker a penny auction. Stock has some honest tired wear, but appears solid. Looks to be complete. What screws that I can see do not seem to be buggered. Metal seems also to have honest wear.

They updated the auction, it has been sold locally.   I have actually been to this gun store located in Ramona, I had stopped in to check inventory and they had two JSAR’s on the shelf for a pretty decent price in 2017 I thought.  It was right after I bought my first JSAR. By the time I decide to buy them, they were sold. 

SN A4897 has shown up again (last seen April 2015), Nice looking and includes bayonet and scabbard.

10 hours ago, ArtR said:

SN A4897 has shown up again (last seen April 2015), Nice looking and includes bayonet and scabbard.

Was just looking at that. Think my wife would strangle me if I mentioned it to her.

I talked to your wife and she said it was okay to buy it!  Good luck with this!  

Is your wife familiar with the gestational period of a gun safe? You put two .22Cal guns side by side, and before you know it, there is a .44Mag!

Just imagine two JSAR .30-06's side by side?

Whats up with the hand guard? Never seen one like that before.?..