Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matconcrete

1032 upcoming at morphys

4 posts in this topic

Interesting, my guess would be that this was reimported or something.  Much like some imported Enfield's have ENGLAND stamped on them

I checked the records in the Johnson Book on pp 246 & 247 (USMC) and p 248 (1stSSF) . 1032 is not listed. I also note in the description...." . This model was used in the Pacific theater by the Marine Corps ."...which does NOT mean that this particular weapon was used by USMC in the Pacific.....it just means this MODEL was used.

Not sure about the "American" stamp. Since we know that # 0068 was designated a USMC item, it would be (hopefully) an original from the factory, also (hopefully) not marked up by any other vendor or distributor. Maybe check and see if 0068 has such a stamp. If not, then Rarecat might be on the right track.

I think the pricing I saw was realistic, but not if someone is buying something that they think has direct USMC or even 1stSSF provenance for sure. Obviously, we can't verify because 1032 is not in our book and....to date....I don't think we have other reference sources. I wish we did.  ej

No such “American” stamp on 0068, Rarecat’s explanation sounds plausible, someone with a class 3 license could get a good deal.