ArtR

4-16-2023 New link for items seen

96 posts in this topic

Not unusual for barrels to have been changed. Many were so dark that they were not worth the effort to clean.  Garand barrels were good options. Improperly removing bayo lug pins often ruined them, so roll pins were an option.

19 minutes ago, ArtR said:

Not unusual for barrels to have been changed. Many were so dark that they were not worth the effort to clean.  Garand barrels were good options. Improperly removing bayo lug pins often ruined them, so roll pins were an option.

All true for sure, but I wouldn't want that barrel... 

SN B1242 on Gun Broker

B1483 has been bouncing around since March 2022, with  discussion. Do search on SN to follow earlier posts.

SN B0104 Sporter on Gun Broker. With more than 63 photos of 145 photos just of the barrel (at the start), and later photos with barrel on the gun,  I was beginning to think it was only the barrel was for sale.

That looks like a good sporter kit with all those different caliber barrels. I am curious how high the bid will be on this auction.

SN B0104

This seems to be a fine example of a nice "Sporter". I have seen a couple nearly identical, and maybe in even a bit better condition. However, the others only had the one 30.06 barrel.

With the amount that barrels are bringing at present, the selling price of SN B0104 might be much higher than the rifle alone. 

This will be an interesting auction.

SN 4881 seen on Proxibid.com (GunSlinger Auctions) sporter, maybe birch stock, maybe reparked, no bayo lug

They list it as a "Miltech refurbish".  Interesting. 

There's also a complete JSAR barrel that went up on ebay last night or today...  I believe it's the same seller that listed the last couple on there, but I can't seem to save the link.

Bidding starts at $1200.00 with a BIN @ $1600.00

2 hours ago, M48TANKER said:

Interesting indeed!

Indeed. DId not know that Miltech 'refurbished sporters' ! That is a new one.

JSAR barrel went for BIN price as of 7:55 PM

On 9/18/2023 at 5:14 PM, ArtR said:

SN B1242 on Gun Broker

Less than 12 hours to go on this rifle/bayo combo. Might be interesting to watch bidding in final hours.

Like I said a bit earlier, things are getting lively on this item.

13 hours ago, ArtR said:

Less than 12 hours to go on this rifle/bayo combo. Might be interesting to watch bidding in final hours.

Like I said a bit earlier, things are getting lively on this item.

Sold $8925 with 36 bids..  Wonder if some of the others who have some high priced items listed are following winning bids on Penny Auction items. Sure sign of what buyers are willing to pay.

SN A4005 back on GB

SN B1112 on GB

SN B4405 on Gun Broker

SN 4950 seen on Gun Broker, last reported by member Nov 2014, has a clearly marked "2" stock, bbl marked J.A. 30-06

SN B8229 seen on Gun Broker

There are currently 10 active auctions on GB

On 10/4/2023 at 11:10 AM, ArtR said:

SN 4950 seen on Gun Broker, last reported by member Nov 2014, has a clearly marked "2" stock, bbl marked J.A. 30-06

Sold 1/7/2023 $10415.00

I got the feeling way back before I owned one and was watching the bids and learning about the JSAR, that people really seemed to want the non prefix serial numbers. I don’t know if that still holds true, but this non prefix did get a good bid in the end, and this appears to be an all original JSAR.  I see more of the Winfield sporters with non prefix than I do an Original.