ArtR

10/08/2023 New Link For Items Seen

66 posts in this topic

Regarding 0053, according to the log book it is a Chilean, currently has a JA bbl 30-06, was not able to see sn on bolt, didn’t think I should do a tear down although they may have let me, but overall looks quite nice , not refinished, bayonet looks legit.

Happy bidding, Phil

If anyone buys 0053, I have a 7MM barrel with the Navy Arms Import mark on it I could sell ya....

With regard to the item SN X0003 , in current GB listing, seller claims "This rifle was authenticated and last sold by RIA in 2010."

If it were me selling something like this, I would include an image of that proof. Revealing the certificate of authenticity only supports the claim and is unique to the rifle.

Also, I note that the gun went for 20% less than the low ball estimate back in 2010, so even then, it was not deemed that great a deal.

Another JSAR on GB, but photos are few and very low quality. I will let someone else complain. As for me, for prices of $9-10K and up, I would want to be able to count hairs on a gnat's butt.

1 hour ago, ArtR said:

Another JSAR on GB, but photos are few and very low quality. I will let someone else complain. As for me, for prices of $9-10K and up, I would want to be able to count hairs on a gnat's butt.

Can't even make out the Serial Number....

1 hour ago, Rarecat said:

Can't even make out the Serial Number....

VERY bad pictures. Either he is trying to hide something or does not know about JSARS?

SN A4112 seen on GunBroker. The 'rear sight' has me a bit confused and wonder what other alterations (read damage) has been done to the rifle.

1 hour ago, ArtR said:

SN A4112 seen on GunBroker. The 'rear sight' has me a bit confused and wonder what other alterations (read damage) has been done to the rifle.

Art, is it possible that the rear sight has been installed backwards? Not sure if this is possible?

53 minutes ago, JSDKMS said:

Art, is it possible that the rear sight has been installed backwards? Not sure if this is possible?

This is the first time I’ve seen the rear sight installed backwards. There was one in the last year or so where the front sight was backwards. 

14 hours ago, ArtR said:

I agree, we all want to see the details.  By the way, both of these new auctions are by sellers who have zero feedback, both are shown as NR, and don’t have any other auctions at this time. 

Hi JSDKMS and CAMSTUFF

Yup! That is what first caught my attention when I went looking for SN in photos. Always makes you wonder where bubba's head was the day that he did that. Always put the right handed  sight adjustment on the left side, for what are normally 'right hand' guns. Just to keep people on the ball!

31 minutes ago, ArtR said:

Hi JSDKMS and CAMSTUFF

Yup! That is what first caught my attention when I went looking for SN in photos. Always makes you wonder where bubba's head was the day that he did that. Always put the right handed  sight adjustment on the left side, for what are normally 'right hand' guns. Just to keep people on the ball!

That is merely more evidence that people are getting more stupid and not more smart. Really, a guy has to be pretty dense to install the rear sight on backwards. It does appear to have been done quite some time ago and not cleaned since.

The bubbas of the world always think they know best, and find ways to "improve" on things.  I've lost count of the number of historic firearms I've seen that have suffered at the hands of these idiots.  

36 minutes ago, tinsoldier said:

The bubbas of the world always think they know best, and find ways to "improve" on things.  I've lost count of the number of historic firearms I've seen that have suffered at the hands of these idiots.  

AMEN

You all probably remember this one, that kept reappearing with new descriptions and such. I think one of the very last iterations was sporting 'zebra stripes' as an "Alaskan sporter". I think I remember Ed thinking his dad would be spinning in his grave over this one.

Bubba3oh8.png

JSAR with unreadable SN sold for $9000

Quote from item description for this $9,000 JSAR:

"Looking at all the parts to this rifle im going to say 99% all original   Sling is not barrel is stamped 1941." 

I'm sure glad to know that the sling is not the barrel! I sure hate when it is.

The importance of 'punctuation' cannot be stressed enough. There are a lot of good examples out there, and here is one of my favorites.

There is a B prefix at an outfit called Gunslinger Auctions. The light was not good enough for me to get the number.

Looked to be in decent shape.

Ryche

SN 2284 seen on proxibid Morphy Auctions

SN B3206 seen on proxibid gunslinger auctions. (This might be the same one that Ryche_me reported)

SN B6163  on Gun Broker

Strange....had 13 days originally and a decent BIN price, ended with no bids. But noticed listing said it was on consignment, so maybe it was sold in house??