ArtR

10/08/2023 New Link For Items Seen

66 posts in this topic

I thought it was a pretty good deal and if I had the funds available, I would have grabbed it.  Hopefully we don't see it relisted at $10K next week

7827 on Rock Island brought 13,000 plus fees, hmm

NO SN Sporter on GB. I will see if I can get seller to divulge.

1. Another SN 4882  Buy the gun, not the story.
Edited by ArtR
To add SN to post

22 hours ago, ArtR said:

I’ve done the same this morning. 

Torrey,

I told him "Most of us serious JSAR collectors will want to know this before entertaining a bid. That is why most listings will clearly show the MFG imprint area complete with the SN.'  Did the same to that second NO SN  listing.

He's posted a photo showing # as 4882.

Along with the Outdoor life magazine "the actual rifle" was featured in....

1 hour ago, tinsoldier said:

He's posted a photo showing # as 4882.

Along with the Outdoor life magazine "the actual rifle" was featured in....

Here is the link to the full Outdoor Life article for SN 4882 that was posted in a previous post. A

On 12/2/2023 at 10:33 PM, ArtR said:

The importance of 'punctuation' cannot be stressed enough. There are a lot of good examples out there, and here is one of my favorites.

This punctuation quote made me think of your comment.

IMG_7115.jpeg

LOL!!!!!!:P

SN 9102 on GB

SN A9173 on GB

On 12/11/2023 at 0:23 PM, ArtR said:

B3142.  Bought it as a "starter" Johnson.  Just got it in.  I'll report back once I've taken it all down.  

Hi Brent and welcome to the forum. While B3142 is a sporter, after checking it out, it still should be a good shooter and an item of conversation at the range. The sporter stock has some really nice wood, and from what we could see from the photos, metal does not look too bad either. If you have not already purchased 'the book" it is highly recommended as it will answer a lot of questions and is a good accessory to the gun. It is available directly from the author, on Amazon and numerous other sites.

Enjoy.

On 11/9/2023 at 8:38 AM, camstuff said:

This is the first time I’ve seen the rear sight installed backwards. There was one in the last year or so where the front sight was backwards. 

I agree, we all want to see the details.  By the way, both of these new auctions are by sellers who have zero feedback, both are shown as NR, and don’t have any other auctions at this time. 

Perhaps the rifle once had a scope? Maybe the owner wanted to retain the original leaf sight if case the scope got damaged? If we could see the top, rear portion of the receiver we might see drilled and tapped scope mount holes. Anyway, it's also missing the sight elevator.

It will be interesting,  if when purchased, if the new owner posts rifle on this sight, and we get to see what else might be right or wrong with this rifle. From the available photos, it looks fairly complete and 'military', except for the rear sight. Inspection sort of looks like they inserted a 'set screw' to adjust elevation? Too bad that 'whoever' decided to install the sight in reverse and cut the rear sight down and add a "v". I am still confused by the seller's claim "second owner, has been a family heirloom. ". If that is all that is wrong, this one might be an easier 'restoration' project.