kennethg

take down pins - front and rear

5 posts in this topic

While I have not taken time to 'measure', here are a couple photos, to start with

JSAR_CROSSPIN_REAR_01a.JPG

JSAR_CROSS_PIN_FRONT_03a.JPG

They are interchangeable.  The top hat version was adopted after reports of the early fingers breaking off.  The grooved top hat allows rim of cartridge to pull pin.  If rear pin is hard to put in, release bolt catch by pushing in loading door. This takes pressure off catch and allows it to align with pin.  Be sure to lubricate catch which pivots on the rear pin.

Hi Joe, Great to hear from you and many thanks for your valued input.

Just for curiosity, if identical, why two numbers, or listing as front and rear? I understand the change for ease of removal, but other than that,???? Just me wondering.

NOTE: I think that I have answered my own questions. They are ;indeed the same. On one of the original parts list, the pin is listed as Hammer Block Retainer Pin Assy, PN R-187-X, but it is crossed out, and at the very end of the list is Hammer Block Retainer Pin Assy PN R-370-X. Which leads me to believe, that maybe R-187-X was the pin assy without the grooved top hat, and possibly that R-370-X was the newer pin assy which includes the  spec changed grooved top hat part.

Screenshot from 2023-11-13 17-42-31.png

Screenshot from 2023-11-13 17-41-26.png