Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Luc

National Gund Day Show, Louisville,KY

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I went to the SOS and National Gun Day Show at Louisville, KY this past weekend and thought I pass along a few things.

At the SOS was a sporter Johnson, polished and blued, sporter stock, scope, yada, yada, I think the asking price was about $3700. I also saw a bayonet with scabbard in a case, I didn't look at it close but appeared real. I didn't ask about the price.

Saw another Johnson in the gun show, really nice looking A prefix, $7000, I didn't inspect it but it didn't appear to me to be a Miltec.

I took my Johnson to show it to Brian Alpert who had a table. I was pleased when he told me it was an original stock and finish. He recommended I get the video Joe Scott offers, I told him indeed, I did need to get it and will after my pocket book recovers from the weekend! Brian will attest that my Johnson is still a little "blood thirsty" even after all these years.

At the time I talked with Brian, he had sold two of his Johnsons, I think he had three still there.

One thing is for sure, those are both big shows!

All for now,

BKW

Lots of JSAR's and action at he Louisville show. Talked Johnsons with people from Washington state to New Jersey. Sold a nice 85% original for $4400 and an otherwise 85-90% with replaced stock for $4150. An Indiana dealer told me he sold a real nice original for $6500. A rather doggy original went for $3500. As Luc mentioned a high end US martial dealer had a very nice A Prefix for $7M. A nice man wanted to sell me his prize Deluxe Winfield Scoped Sporter (without scope). He was floored when I told him it was only worth about $2M....even though it was extremely accurate! Joseph, expect a lot of calls for replacement parts and stocks. Luc has a very nice all original JSAR. This was a great show!

I too was at the Louisville Show and did purchase my Johnson Auto there from a Fort Wayne Indiana collector.

Brian Alpert was kinfd enough to take it apart and examine it for me pronouncing it was worth the %5,00 I paid for it (always good to hear from an expert).

I am still trying to locate a Mr. Walt Liss or List since I was told by Joseph Scott (whose name Brian also gave me) that Mr. Liss has data on the backgrounds of all non-prefixed guns.

Anyone know where I can make contact with him? If so please have him e-mail me at KRamp96985@aol.com.

Thanks all!

Ken Ramp