Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JFFR

New Member and IMI 22 Spitfire Owner

4 posts in this topic

I am glad to see that there are other people out there that have an interest in this fine little calibre. I have owned an IAI M1 Carbine in 5.7mm for several years and like the weapon. I still have almost 500 rounds of ammo that I purchased with the gun, but still need to get some reloading dies to make sure that I am covered in the future.

I goof and called this gun an IMI instead of an IAI. I guess I should have looked at it before I posted it, but it is still a very nice shooting little weapon.

For reloading dies, contact RCBS and indicate you need a set of dies for the MMJ 5.7mm Spitfire which uses M1 Carbine brass necked down to 5.7mm (.2235). Ed J

Thanks for getting back with me. I need to get these dies at least to have. I have always been a M1 Carbine fan and have owned a couple through the years. I also always wanted one in 5.7mm, so when IAI began to produce them, I made sure that I bought one while the limited supply lasted. I don't know how many of these 5.7mm Carbines were produced by them, but I don't think that there were very many.