Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian Alpert

Joseph Scott

4 posts in this topic

Joseph contacted me tuesday with a report that he was knocked out of action by the recent hurricane Ike. The Scotts are without power or telephone and Joseph's shop is flooded. He wanted me to let everyone know they are OK but will be out of contact for a while.

Joe, just to let you know, you are in our thoughts....

Having a friend in Gulfport MS and a cousin in Port Charlotte FL, both have given into the fact that hurricanes happen and it is best to be safe than sorry. They both have recently invested in standby generators with plenty of fuel, and both have made provisions for bulk water storage. We can live quite well for a while without many things, but power (heat and lights) and water are basic needs now days.

We in the Northeast, especially the remote towns, also have our weather issues. I have a standby generator. Like fire insurance, we hope never to have to use it, but when needed, it is nice to know that it is available. Several years ago, when FLOYD rolled thru our area, power was out, rain was heavy, and those of us with power had lights and our sump pumps emptied the basements of water. Those without suffered and had more damage. Ice storms do the same here, and backup power, along with bulk water and food, are becoming necessities of life.

Joseph, Hope all is well.

Sounds like you need to find higher ground.

My shop here in California was flooded in 1998 so I know what you are going through.

God bless, Mitch J.

Thanks for all's concern. The hurricane pulled up the 1x4's which were nailed into the rafters of my garage and to which the steel roof was screwed. Didn't ever envision such happening. Wet everything in the shop. Now covering roof against rain. Have not started cleaning rust off machinery. Got none of the storm surge which destroyed adjacent counties. No items belonging to customers were effected. Will ship orders received shortly and accepting parts orders but no shop work at this time. Going to Tulsa in November. Should be upstairs at island 19c2. Thanks, Joe